- An $80,000 grant was awarded to Nation‘s Capitol Child and Family Development, to help four child care centers earn the top accreditation rating as recognized by a National Accreditation Organization.
- Manna, Inc. received a $65,000 recoverable grant and a $60,000 grant for predevelopment activities related to the acquisition of a commercial lot in NE for the development of a new Department Store.
- East of the RIver CDC was awarded a $38,000 grant for operational support and a $35,000 grant to help complete a feasibility analysis on the Old Congress Heights Elementary School and for the purchase of the Washington Gas Building on Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
- Mi Casa received a $56,000 recoverable grant to help the Covington Tenants Association preserve 22 units of affordable housing in Columbia Heights.
- Mi Casa was also awarded a $25,000 grant to help the 1372 Kenyon Street Tenant Association in Columbia Heights pursue ways to preserve their 18 unit apartment building as affordable housing.
- The Nonprofit Finance Fund received a $54, 513 grant for operational support.
3rd Quarter 2003: Loans and Grants
October 1, 2003