LISC DC is a member of the DC Housing and Development Coalition, a diverse group of DC-area organizations and companies who build housing (for-profit and not-for-profit), advocate for policies that increase affordable housing, support the needs of disadvantaged communities, strengthen neighborhood commercial corridors and locally owned businesses, and educate the public on planning issues.
Right now, DC is taking a closer look at the document (DC’s Comprehensive Plan) that guides development for the next decade. The DC Housing and Development Coalition has agreed on the following priorities for DC’s Comprehensive Plan revision:
- Meet the housing demand
- Equitably distribute housing
- Best utilize areas near transit
- Include families
- Prioritize affordable housing as a community benefit
- Preserve existing affordable housing
- Protect tenants
- Support neighborhood commercial corridors
- Clarify zoning authority
- Improve data collection and transparency
This is your chance to stand up for inclusive development and affordable homes for all in the DC region. Read more about our 10 priorities for smarter, inclusive growth and sign on here to make your voice heard.