We mobilize corporate, philanthropic, individual donor and government resources and invest them into the projects, programs and initiatives that build on the assets and address the challenges of the neighborhoods in Washington, DC. We are a lender, donor, advocate, convener, facilitator, and technical assistance provider.
Equitable Development and Neighborhood RevitalizationWe work with a range of organizations that undertake neighborhood-based and population-based projects, programs and initiatives that improve the quality of life in the city and allow lower income households and those with special needs to live and thrive in the District of Columbia. In concert with our nonprofit partners, we use our products and services to:
- Improve access to and increase the availability of resources and opportunities for healthy living (e.g. wellness, arts, recreation, healthcare, sustainability, food and nutrition, youth and senior services, etc.)
- Increase the availability of quality goods, services, and jobs in neighborhoods
- Increase the availability of affordable housing
- Increase household income, assets, and wealth
- Improve access to early childhood learning, out-of-school time activities, and adult education/literacy
- Strategic Investment Neighborhoods – in concert with a host of partners and stakeholders, we use our resources to support the revitalization of neighborhoods and to promote equity and inclusion.
- Equitable Development – working with a range of nonprofits, we use our resources to accomplish projects and activities that benefit households that are lower income and/or have special needs, allowing them to live and thrive in the neighborhoods of Washington, DC.